If you're traveling to Lake George, why not be on Lake George?
John W. Wolford Jr. (May 15,1952-May 14, 2015)
If you’ve stayed at the Lake Motel during Americade, and you’re not a vegetarian, you probably had a burger or a hot dog cooked especially for you by John Wolford
. John has been coming to Americade and staying with us for an amazing 19 consecutive years. Sadly, Americade 2014 was John’s last. Tragically, John passed away on May 14.
All of us at the Lake Motel are deeply saddened by John’s passing. Our sincere condolences go out to his family and especially his wife Tammey. All of our guests are special but the void left by his absence will be impossible to fill. John was one of the most cheerful and generous people we have been fortunate to know. It was he and his best friend Larry Breedlove who volunteered to barbecue burgers and hot dogs and make baked beans for all our Americade guests some five years ago. Since then the Lake Motel Americade barbecue has been an annual affair, with John and Larry pretty much running the show and making it better every year.
The Lake Motel is dedicating Americade 2015 to John Wolford’s memory. We invite anyone who knew this special man to stop by during Americade and share stories or enjoy the annual barbecue. We are determined to honor him by making it the best ever.
The Lake Motel Located in the Adirondacks, on the Shore of Lake George
If you’re traveling to Lake George, why not be on Lake George? The Lake Motel is located in the village of Lake George within walking distance of shopping and area attractions. We offer spectacular lake views at our resort, flat screen TVs with over 80 HD channels, video on demand, high speed WiFi and more, all surrounded by the beauty and excitement of the Lake George area. All major credit cards accepted.
The Lake Motel Difference
Our goal is the complete satisfaction of every one of our guests. We are confident that there is no other lodging facility in Lake George that is cleaner, better maintained or more customer friendly.
- Our office staff are all area natives with extensive experience with recreation, dining and night life activities to help you better plan and enjoy your Lake George experience.
- You can be confident that your room is as-advertised as current pictures of every room on the property can be viewed on the Rooms and Rates page of our website.
- For those who prefer to get in the lake as opposed to merely enjoying its beauty, we have a 1000 square foot swimming area complete with stairs from the lake side deck.
- In addition we have created a kayak docking area to make it safer and easier for you enjoy the lake via our new single and two person kayaks, free of charge to all Lake Motel guests.
- Relax dockside directly on the water at our picnic area with picnic tables and commercial all stainless steel gas grills. We have all the barbecue tools you need.
- And don’t forget we offer discount coupons on many of the area’s finest restaurants and attractions exclusively to our guests, just to make your vacation even more special.